Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

DONM: Death of Nicki Minaj

Seeing as how I try to avoid BET programming at all costs, I can’t confirm this completely, but I was reading allhiphop.com and a discussion thread stated that one of the hosts on 106 & Park compared Nicki Minaj to Janet Jackson or referred to her as the Janet Jackson of our generation. Please take a moment to shake your head in utter disappointment. I don’t know if this just intensifies my dislike for Nicki Minaj and BET or if it solidifies how dumb and apparently deaf the vast majority of music listeners under the age of 22 are. I’ve never really been much a fan of any female rapper ever. Much like the WNBA and golf it is another area where the male comparison is supremely better and more entertaining. With that being said, I can’t deny that I’ve nodded my head to a few tracks and have given props to some femcees in the game for spitting a hot 16 or two. This Nicki Minaj broad however is just plain annoying. I might go to hell for saying this, but this bitch just needs to die already. She used to be cute until she started cutting up her face with all that plastic surgery. Not to say I still wouldn’t do some things to her, but in all reality that ain’t saying much. She pretty much swagger jacked Lil Kim’s whole Barbie persona, but she’s not as entertaining as Kim once was. And I’m not sure who told her those little voice inflections that she does when she raps is cool or appealing, but it is most definitely not. It’s weird and it makes my ears bleed.

It makes me angrier because I don’t want to be considered a hater. But I have to accept the fact that I do indeed hate Nicki Minaj. I would gladly listen to Wocka Flocka Flame for the rest of my life if I no longer had to hear her voice. I don’t even listen to the radio, and I could always just turn the channel when a video of hers comes on TV, but the thing is since she’s the “hot” trend right now, she’ll be featured on other people’s albums. She was on the last Robin Thicke joint and the new Ursha. I wouldn’t be surprised if half of the major upcoming releases have her featured on a track. So I have to accept the fact that she’s probably gonna be around for at least another year or so until the industry gets tired of her.

So can you all do me a favor out there? Please refrain from supporting her if at all possible. Don’t request her songs (do people still call into radio stations?). If you hear her on the radio, turn the dial. If her song comes on in a club, stop dancing. If you see her on BET, slap yourself for still watching BET (unless of course you’re watching the BlackBuster Movie of the Week). That is all. I should probably get back to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment