Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Trick Please

So being a sponsor is what’s hot these days? No, I’m not talking about donating money to a little league team or anything like that. I’m talking about dudes giving money, gifts, favors, etc. to women just for the hell of it. Now to the unknowing person it would seem that any man doing this for a woman has some kind of relationship with her whether it is a close friend, a deep emotional connection or purely sexual. I always knew there were simps out there who did what they had to do to get theirs. I have no problem with these guys, but this is a little ridiculous. See, I had a friend of mine tell me that some guy paid one or some of her bills so I just assumed that she had a sugar daddy on the side that helped her out from time to time. Come to find out, there is a difference between a sugar daddy and a sponsor. Apparently sugar daddies get sex, but sponsors pretty much know that they get nothing in return. Huh? Where they do that at? And before we go any further, despite what your favorite rapper told you, it is in fact tricking even if you do have it. Its one thing to know that sponsoring is something that happens, but now dudes are promoting it. If you haven’t heard, Tierra Marie has a song out with the two of the greatest lyricists to ever touch the mic, Souljaboy and Gucci Mane, appropriately titled “Sponsor.” No, I haven’t heard the song so I can’t tell you if it is catchy or not. I’m only speaking about the message that this song is sending out. It was always my impression that when dudes were tricking their money, even if they got something in return, it wasn’t an action that was glorified.

It’s understandable for women or any recipient of said sponsorship to be in favor of it, so maybe I’m just speaking from pure jealousy here because I don’t have one, but what is the point of being one of these sponsors? Is it because some of these guys have extra disposable income and they just want to make someone’s life easier? Could be, but I’m fairly certain that these are probably the same guys who don’t donate money to any local charities or homeless people. Maybe it’s to have some kind of control over their recipients in case they ever need a favor from them. I’m absolutely stumped. Not because I’m cheap, which I don’t think that I am. And it’s not because I’m selfish even though I definitely am. I don’t understand it because I always assumed that you never give or get something for nothing. I’m gonna stop now before these random women say that I’m blocking and what not…just had to jot this random thought down real quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment