Pageviews past week

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Booty Is In The Eye of The Beholder

On more than one occasion I’ve been out with one or a few of my boys, brothers, cousins, long lost friends, etc. at a club/bar and have seen one of them seriously engaged in a conversation with some unsuspecting young lady. Only to have her turn around, and I’m sitting there with a confused look on my face like, “Whoa! You think that girl is attractive?” Now let’s get this off the table before we go any further. If it’s the fourth quarter and you need to go ahead and get your rocks of for the night, I’m not gonna judge you one bit. Take her home and have your way with her. Please. HOWEVER, do not try to convince me that said young lady is “fine” because she has a fat ass and thick legs. I know I’m not the only dude out there who’s had this conversation with one of his friends. Strangely enough, I’ve never had this conversation with one of my white friends. Nope, not even Whitey. So it would seem to me that black dudes typically put more importance on a woman’s body than on her face. I get that if a woman has a nice body, of course all men want to see the body naked. But if she’s a butter face, she should be reserved for nothing more than late-night-I’ve-run-out-of-all-options-and-jerking-it-just-won’t-cut-it-tonight status. That’s cool. But I see too many dudes walking around cuffing these chicks and still using the excuse of her having some curves to not notice that she is not in the least bit cute at all. Talking about “she’s a stallion though.” Yes, nigga, that bitch does look like Seabiscuit. This I don’t get. I’m not talking about one of those beauty is in the eye of the beholder type situations. If you like someone, you like them. I’m talking about dudes who will knowingly overlook an unattractive face in favor of a thick body and end up wifing one of these women. Where’s the logic? Chances are that all of those curves will turn to flab in a few years unless she’s in the gym on a regular. And let’s be honest here for a second: if we’re talking about black women in the gym, I think we can all agree that’s one of the least represented demographics for gym membership. No diss…I’m just sayin.

Me on the other hand, I’m a face guy. Nothing like a lady with a pretty face if you ask me. If we’re talking about wifey, or someone I’m seriously considering dating, I’d gladly take a pretty face and average body over all the voluptuous curves and a mediocre face. I would advise you fellas to do the same. Think about 10-15 years from now. Cuz my chick, who everybody said didn’t really have all that much of a body will still be cute, but if you continue to chase the thickness there’s a decent chance that it will turn into fat after a kid or two. And she’ll still look like Pookie from New Jack City in the face. Again, we’re only talking about women that you really want to pursue, but if we’re talking about a jumpoff…well then she’s face down-ass up anyway. So it doesn’t really matter at that point does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment