Pageviews past week

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bitches & Sisters

“Sisters get respect, bitches get what they deserve…sisters work hard, bitches work your nerves.”
-Jay-Z

These are some of the truest words ever spoken. Shout out to the big homie. I was motivated to write this post after having a few drinks with my brother, my line brother and his girl. Somewhere in the conversation my brother used the word “bitch” referring to some young lady. Then my boy’s girl got offended and said something along the lines of “why she gotta be a bitch?” Well the answer was quite simple. He called her a bitch because apparently she acted like…a bitch. In my personal opinion, he didn’t say anything wrong. Now I don’t condone calling a woman out of her name just for the sheer pleasure of it. Like if you’re out and you try to talk to a woman, and she turns you down so you turn around and call her a bitch. That’s just wrong and immature. Depending on your level of drunkenness it can be funny, but it’s still wrong nonetheless.

I’m the type of person who likes to call it like I see it. So if a woman is walking around with a bad attitude for absolutely no reason, seems to believe that the world revolves around her, and just has an overall horrible personality and an unfavorable demeanor, well then I’m not gonna feel bad for calling her exactly what she is. Not saying that there aren’t some men who are just blatantly disrespectful and are perfectly fine with that. But don’t assume that just because a man uses that word, that he’s some kind of misogynist. I believe that if a woman carries herself well and deserves respect, that’s what I will give her. Otherwise, why bother? So ladies, next time you hear a man use the word out somewhere, don’t get offended, until you know his reasoning for using it.

Another instance where one may let the dreaded B word slip out is in casual conversation when referring to a random young lady. I have a theory as to why so many men do this on a daily basis. If you are around women who continually refer to each other as “bitch,” well then eventually this will become a part of your everyday vocabulary. Soooo…it’s kinda your fault, ladies. Plus you know the old saying: “If all men are dogs, then all women are bitches”

Too far? Oh well…cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

Questions? Comments? Where my bitches at?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, there is. Because in a heated argument, each person is on the defensive so he can use this as a defense tool. chances are one person is going to say something to purposely piss the other person off. therefore, him calling you a bitch is his way of pissing you off/hurting you for pissing him off and/or hurting him.

    If there's one thing that pisses a man off, it's being called a bitch. Mainly because that word is generally reserved for degrading women. If a man is called a bitch by another man it's a challenge to his manhood. So when a woman calls a man a bitch, it probably doesn't get much more insulting than that. Hope i helped you out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well first of all this is a good blog....i clap to it. but to the comment above ur dude just might cuss alot and it spill...it might a just been a sayin and not actually calling you one. and if a girl was to call me a bitch i would care..but if a man did then we fighting. only thing a girl can call me to get me mad is broke cuz thats one thing i'm not....

    i hope more bitches or woman comment to this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I Love this first of all. I'm a woman that can be a bitch, we all have our days. What I hate is women who act like they don't have that day where they are being a straight up bitch. "If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, its a duck." If it talks like a bitch, snaps like a bitch, hey its a bitch. The only time I've been called a bitch is when I'm acting like one and I know it. If guys are calling you females "bitches" and you don't like it maybe you should think about what you're doing to give off that impression.

    ReplyDelete