Pageviews past week

Friday, March 11, 2011

Caught In The Rapture

Apparently it’s coming, ladies and gentlemen. Now before anyone thinks I’m mocking the end of times as told in the book of Revelations, I assure you I’m not. I do have a problem, however with this prediction of 2012 being the end all be all. Because of a few natural disasters and some dead animals, everybody’s going nuts acting like they’re about to get left behind. Chiiillll. It’ll be ok. Natural Disasters have been happening forever because…gasp…they’re natural disasters. I’m pretty sure those fish in California and the birds in Arkansas had a perfectly reasonable explanation of why those events happened. Because that’s what shit does, it happens. I suppose if people actually do believe the end is nearer than we could imagine then it’ll make more of them start living a better life. I’m not one to really criticize. I’m no model Christian. I’m pretty much banking on the fact that I’m a generally good person with a few vices. I figure if I continue on this path, I’ll most likely end up in purgatory for a good portion of eternity. Even still, wouldn’t it be great if we all could just learn to live a good life out of GP instead of immediately following a natural disaster? As Sam Cooke once said, what a wonderful world this could be.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment