Pageviews past week

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Crossover Appeal

I knew eventually I would get a topic request regarding this sooner or later. So a loyal ShoeBagger told me about one of his boys who was recently dating a black woman. Somehow, through a series of unfortunate events, she ends up spazzing out on him. Now he’s sworn off black women for good and will only talk to white women. It’s not the first time I’ve actually heard something similar to this sad story. I don’t get it though. I’m equal opportunity and have branched out to a few races. Some have more pros and cons as some others, but I’ve never experienced a con so bad that would make me just take myself out of the race for an entire race; that’s roughly 23 million women to cut off. Makes no sense to me. I’ve dealt with some neck rolling and finger waving before, but that’s not to say that all black women will end up going crazy on their guys; however when it does happen, no one ever seems to be surprised. I know somewhere out there someone is reading this, rolling her eyes thinking “He just can’t handle a strong black woman.” What the f*ck does that even necessarily mean? In my opinion, I’m all for the guy dismissing the chick for acting reckless, but I can’t agree with him cutting off a whole group of people because of the color of her skin may or may not lead to a tendency to flip her lid over something small. I’m sure he wouldn’t like it if he tried to talk to a white woman and she rejected him simply because she doesn’t date black guys. Then it becomes offensive. So technically that makes this guy no better than a racist. And I can say that because I’m not racist. I hate everybody. It’s definitely not because of the color of their skin. It’s more or less because of their accent, or because the drive slowly, or just the general ignut-ness of some of them.

I can’t judge anyone for having preferences with whomever they choose to date, and if his preference happens to be dating white women that’s cool. That’s about as much as I can agree with his decision. I would hope that dating white women is something he’s been doing prior to his incident with the black woman, instead of a reaction to getting sonned by ol girl. If that’s not the case then he’s doing it for all the wrong reasons. While I have absolutely no problem with anyone who decides to date outside of their race, I do have a problem with people who have a problem with it (yes, you Jill Scott). Why do you even care? I think everyone should at least give it a chance. I know all black men will agree with this. Because whether it’s a secret of his or he screams it from the mountain tops, every black man has a thing for white women. Why this is? I can’t really say. Either way that’s a totally different soapbox to get on. Besides, I don’t want to give ABC anymore ideas about how they can try to get sympathy out of me by making in another special report about single, black women and their inability to find a black man. Just know that when one black dude sees another black dude with a bad white chick he’s thinking, “Myyyy N-Word!” True story…that’s word to Taye Diggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment