Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Same Sh*t...Different Toilet

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6754981.html

So I ran across this article the other day in The Houston Chronicle and it the basis of it surrounds the fact that many people in black community aren’t necessarily mad at Tiger for cheating on his wife; they have a problem with all of the rumored mistresses being white. Which of course brings us back full circle to the age old problem of famous black men (most notably athletes) becoming successful and running off with a white girl. I think we’ve all heard this argument time and time again, and in my opinion, I think it’s about time we all moved on. Black people love to play the race card a lot and are always screaming for equality, so why would it make a difference if you date someone black or white? I think I know where the problem lies. It’s when a black man gets a white woman for the sole purpose of feeling validated for having reached a certain level of success. I mean if a brother can get a white girl, then he really made it right? I’m pretty sure this is the reason behind a few of the many prominent black athletes and entertainers today. I can understand why this would upset anybody. But this probably equates to a small percentage of people who are in an interracial relationship. Some black people will get mad when they hear that a black man or woman is generally more attracted to and prefers a white partner rather than dating within their race. I don’t necessarily see a problem with this as long as it’s not one of those dudes that just come right out and say “I don’t date black chicks.” Hey, we all have preferences don’t we? Is it any different than a black woman who says she prefers a dark chocolate man? At the end of the day, her preference is based on the color of her counterpart’s skin tone.

And as far as black women out there still complaining that the white women are taking all of your men, nobody told you that you had to date a black man. Switch it up. As a matter of fact, I have a very close white friend who happens to like women with some melanin in their skin. Hit me up if you’re interested. Now that I think about it, a lot of my friends are in interracial relationships, and they all seem to be genuinely happy. They didn’t do it because they thought their boy/girlfriend was a status symbol. They didn’t do it because they thought it would be easier dating someone white either. This brings me to another point. I’ve heard people claiming that Tiger never would’ve gotten away with this had he been married to a black woman, “cuz ain’t no sistah gon’ stand for that bs.” Negroes please. I know plenty of black women who have been cheated on and didn’t do shit about it. Some of them might do something stupid like flatten all four tires on your Cadillac and put a brick through your windshield (true story). But a message to all the ladies out there, you cannot hurt a man by harming his personal belongings. For one, anything worth destroying is probably insured or covered by some kind of accidental damage warranty. All that’s going to do is piss him off and make him want to hurt you even more. The only way to truly hurt a man is to…….nah, I’m not gonna tell you.

Another comment in the article that stuck out to me brought up the notion of how some people would act towards Barack Obama had he married a white woman. Seeing as how he’s a light skinded, half black, Harvard graduate, how many people out there riding the Obama train would call him a sellout if Michelle were white instead of black? For that matter, would more white people have accepted him had he been married to a white woman? Yeah I’m sure a lot of black people would still vote for him just because he was black (which is another topic that I could rant about for hours), but a lot of people would have probably thought a little more about that decision. Of course the Republicans still had Sarah Palin on their team, which technically wouldn’t have made that much of a difference this time around anyway. You get the point I’m getting at here though. True enough it’s easier for a people to date someone with a similar culture or background, but you don’t see the Vatican going ape shit when a famous catholic person marries a protestant. Maybe we should just make race like we do religion. You can convert to being Jewish or Catholic, so why not convert some of these white women over to the dark side before they’re allowed to get married to a black man? They would have to go through a series of tests to prove their “blackness” and even have to start checking the little box on all applications marked “Black and/or of African descent.” Would that satisfy everybody?

3 comments:

  1. I'm black and I'm sick of everyone pulling the race card. I've only dated white men up until about 2 years ago when I became interested in black men. I didn't date white guys for any particular reason and not black guys for any particular reason, white guys just worked out for me. Shit I'm on the black side now and this shit seems harder than ever. Sigh.

    Another thing I'm annoyed with is the whole "a black woman wouldn't let that happen" no woman is letting it happen, it happens whether or not we let it or want it to. What person in their right mind would LET IT happen...actually let me take that back because you'd be surprised but realistically no person would want to be cheated on etc etc so they need to kill it with that.

    At the end of the day Tiger is the one who committed adultery not her, so her being white has what to do with it? nothing if you ask me.

    i love your post haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M ALL FOR INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS... JUST GOT OUT OF ONE MYSELF. SOOOOO, IF TIGER IS MORE ATTRACTED TO WOMEN WITH VERY LITTLE SKIN PIGMENTS...WHY NOT. EVERYBODY BLEEDS RED.

    "THE ONLY WAY TO TRULY HURT A MAN IS TO..." LOL. SO, SO WRONG. BUT YOU DO HAVE A POINT, VERY EXPENSIVE ITEMS ARE USUALLY INSURED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete