Pageviews past week

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Friendly Game

Good day, ladies and gentlemen. My brother reminded me today that I haven’t posted anything new up in a while so I thought I’d give you guys something good to discuss here today. This particular topic is something that I think most if not all of us can relate to; that of the dreaded friend zone. Personally I don’t have enough of an attention span to care too much about the friend zone. I can deal with it easily. If I’m digging you but the feeling isn’t mutual, maybe the next girl will. Hell, maybe your best friend will. Everybody isn’t as emotionless as me though, so I’m here venting on behalf of the people. I don’t think I’ve ever really put a girl into the friend zone unless she was somehow connected with someone whom I consider a close friend. Other than that, she’s fair game. But what I really want to know is what’s the point of the friend zone anyway? Shouldn’t you want to be with someone who you can just be yourself around without all the pressures of the romantic implications, or trying to impress them, etc? Shouldn’t you be friends first with somebody before you get too serious about them?

I think that more often than not, the friend zone doesn’t in actuality exist. Maybe one party feels that he or she will do something stupid to mess up what they have with the other person, so he/she will just put off the thought of being intimate with their friend because they would rather have them around in some form or another than not. It doesn’t change the fact that they think of each other as more than just friends though. If this weren’t true , and two people were in fact “just friends” then they wouldn’t do things that would make one believe that they want more. See, me and my friends don’t have tickle fights and give each other massages. They don’t get mad at me if I ignore them for another girl. We don’t get overly flirtatious when we get drunk. Friends throw up in your car. Friends have sex on your couch and don’t tell you about it until you sit down on that same couch. Friends take a piss in your nightstand…well at least mine do.

Originally I was going to do some kind of pseudo-advice post on how to get out of the friend zone, but I realized that I’d likely just copy and paste some random answers from a relationship blog. Instead, after intense consideration, I felt it best that one should embrace himself/herself in the friend zone. Personally, I don’t even see how someone could say they are “in love” with someone who they haven’t had any romantic interactions with (unless that other person is Beyonce), but that’s just me. If you truly are in like with your friend then you should probably let him/her know that. IF you happen to be rejected then don’t go into a hole and avoid this person because you are embarrassed at your failed vulnerability. Shit happens...so quit putting the pussy on a pedestal. Now, if you’ve been reading my posts for a while, you’ll know how I feel about having women around and how they can be a benefit to your potential success of picking up other women. Read it. Embrace it. Live by it.

What will happen once you reveal to your friend how you feel about them is that you will have planted a seed in their brains about your potential as a love interest. Once you have done that, move around. Don’t look at them as a potential love interest, and view them for what they are; just another friend. Stop going out with him/her on friendly dates and start going on real dates that you have picked up as a result of using your “just friend” as a wingman/woman. Treat him/her like a friend with benefits without the benefits. Maybe the friend will come around and realize that he/she is madly in love with you too. Probably not. If and when that doesn’t happen, it’s all good. At least you took a chance, and isn’t that what living is all about anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment