Pageviews past week

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Be Cool

No other sneakers in history have ever caused more ruckus than Air Jordans. The very first one was banned by the NBA. In the 90’s they were highly criticized for having what was then considered an astronomical price tag. People were getting killed for them. But no matter if you or everyone else in your neighborhood were rich or poor, you always managed to see plenty of people walking around with them. That’s just how fresh they were. Now after years had passed since the best and most classic models had been released, the Jordan Brand started releasing retros. For people like me whose parents were broke and had better things to spend money on, it’s a chance to go back and cop all of the classic shoes that I always wanted and can now afford. Like me there are hundreds of thousands of people in the same situation. And with the expansion of the sneaker community and culture growing, retro Jordans have become a must have for literally millions of people. They’re so popular that there isn’t enough supply to satisfy the demand when a new heavily anticipated shoe is released so that those searching for a pair have to camp out at malls and stores overnight to have a good enough spot in line to get to the shoes first.

Once again the release of a new sneaker has brought on heated discussions. From one side you have those hating on whoever chooses to purchase the kicks for whatever reason. Personally, I love sneakers. Especially Jordans (most notably the Air Jordan XI, which I consider the greatest shoe ever created). Some people don’t understand why I would spend a couple hundred bucks and go to the mall in the wee hours of the night just to get some shoes. Well you’re not supposed to understand. Copping sneakers just isn’t your thing, but I don’t judge you for that do I? You might think I’m being a follower and only copping the shoes just because everyone else is. Sure, nobody likes a hypebeast and it would be ideal if everyone who copped them did so for the love of the shoe, and not the hype surrounding it. But sometimes, a sneaker is just so fresh that some people have to give into the hype; and I can’t blame for that.

Originally I wanted to go on a rant and bash the people who are bashing the people who bought the Cool Greys but I’m in too good of a mood to let the negativity get to me. Cuz I got mine and luckily I didn’t have to stand in line to get them. Now I’m just gonna walk around the house with them and stare in the mirror at my feet all day. Merry Christmas to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment